Monday, July 29, 2013

A quiet day in Balham

We think we've recovered from the heat of Paris!  London is significantly cooler and a little showery at times so it's much more manageable! 
Ann, it was lovely to hear from you.  I didn't mean to make anyone feel guilty for not commenting.  Life is busy! Usually on a blog it gives you an idea of how many views there have been but I think because I'm using an iPad, I'm not seeing that.  Comments help me to know that someone is reading it! 
Today was fairly quiet.  We did a few things around Balham with Fran, had acupuncture treatments which we'd booked before the wedding and for which Jen was well overdue.  Paris really took it out of her! Tonight we had the most delicious curry ever at a favourite haunt of Fran and James, at Tooting. 
Tomorrow morning we are heading to Westminster to take a boat cruise up to Hampton Court (King Henry VIII's palace).  We liked your idea of a cruise to Greenwich Ann,  and then we remembered that someone suggested going by boat to Hampton court as well, so we are doing the leisurely cruise down the river with some history thrown in as well. The boat stops at Kew Gardens as well so we might have a look at them - depends on how we're going for time. Fran is able to come with us tomorrow so that'll be fun too.
Then on Wednesday we have tickets booked to see The Lion King.  I'm really looking forward to that! Fran is joining us for that too.  Unfortunately she returns to work on Thursday so Jen and I are thinking of catching the train to Brighton for the day. And then we leave for Brisbane on Friday at midday.
Sam has had some bad luck with her flights.  Her flight from Newark to LA was delayed and she missed her connecting flight to Sydney by ten minutes.  This meant she had to find accommodation in LA overnight as the next flight wasn't for another 24 hours.  The airline gave her a discount voucher but she only had $30 cash on her so I had to write an email to the hotel saying that I gave permission for her to use my credit card details with photos of my card and ID - what a rigmarole.  Then because I tried using my card in a dodgy shop in Paris, my bank has frozen my debit card and Jen had to go through the process of emailing the hotel with her card details! Thank goodness I have a travel card as well which I can transfer funds into. If I was relying on my Australian card, I'd be up the proverbial creek! Anyway Sam was sorted, she got some sleep and is now back at the airport waiting for her flight to Sydney! Thank goodness for Wifi and smart phones! 
The silly photo
The good photo! At the Indian restaurant
A random street in Tooting! 

And this is for Audrey .... Lizzie says hello.  You can see the cat takes prominence over poor little Emma, the border terrier who is looking on enviously! 



1 comment:

  1. Lizzie is looking somewhat superior isn't she? as she should (Audrey says). glad you're having a bit of a wind down for the last week. A pity Fran has to go to work on Thursday, but good she can do a couple of extra things with you. Say hello to her and james. Both looking gorgeous as ever in the photos. Enjoy the rest of your time there! love
    Cathie

    ReplyDelete