Tomorrow we head off on a bus tour of the Lakes District. I'm quite excited about seeing the sights with someone else doing the driving and telling us the history! I'm looking forward to seeing Beatrix Potter's house. It's an early start so it'll be an early night tonight. Apparently it's going to be another hot one tomorrow. From the forecast it doesn't look as if the weather will cool down again til we're in Scotland. Mind you, it's still only reaching 25degrees and when you're in the shade it's lovely. I just wish I'd packed cooler clothes!

Hi Helen and Jen
ReplyDeleteI can readily identify with your wish for someone else to take on the driving and tour guide roles even for a day. I hope you have a lovely day up the Lakes District. Do you like Chester? Beautiful old town area isn't it.
Cornwall looked gorgeous - thanks for posting all the photos. I hope the weather cools a little for you - although I notice London has temps in the high 20s and early 30s this week. Hopefully Scotland will be cooler.
And lovely to hear your voice as well Jen. I'm so glad you seem to be holding up alright with all the travel.
And congratulations on surviving your Ryanair moment - it is almost becoming a rite of passage for European travellers to experience the helpfulness and flexibility of that airline!